Fall Plein Air Competition
Saturday, October 23, 2021
Register and pay online OR as always you may pay and register at time of intake on October 23, 2021. Download Prospectus.
For more information: email@example.com
The 70 acre park was built as part of Roosevelt’s New Deal initiatives and the Works Progress Administration efforts from 1931-1941. There is a playground and park complete with an ADA swing, paths and picnic tables at the east end of the lake (near Church Street) that offers access to Memorial Field. The lake offers residents fishing, kayaking and canoeing access, plenty of open space and walking, running and biking opportunities along with 2 boat launch areas.
All work created during the Plein Air Competition will be eligible for Cash Award Prizes.
Register and pay at check-in.
Rules of Entry:
1. Check-in and judging will take place on the portion of Haines Drive between Pleasant Valley Avenue and Kings
Highway, SPECIFICALLY 0.1 Miles from the Kings Highway (Rt .41) entrance and 0.8 miles from the Pleasant Valley
entrance to Haines Drive.
2. Artist is responsible to have artwork surfaces STAMPED by officials at check-in. All work surfaces should be blank when they are stamped, a plain-toned surface is acceptable.
3. Artist must work on location. Any location within Strawbridge Lake Park is acceptable.
4. Works cannot be created from photographs and no props can be used.
5. All mediums and styles are acceptable.
6. Open to all artists 18 years of age and over.
7. Finished paintings must be UNSIGNED, delivered, and displayed on your easel, with your assigned number card
attached for judging by 4:00 pm, SHARP.
8. Plein Air Awards will be announced at 4:30 pm and Artists must be present to win
• WAA Members: $15 to enter competition
• Non-members: $25 to enter competition
Public bathroom is located at Acme Market .5 miles from Park on Lenola Road.
For more information, contact: Info2019@willingboroart.org
Judge: John Slivjak is an artist who lives and works in Philadelphia. He earned a BFA from The Philadelphia College of Art and an MFA from Indiana University. He continues to study at Studio Incamminati in Philadelphia and teaches workshops and classes at Cheltenham Center for the Arts. His work includes landscape, figure, portrait, and still life paintings. John participates in Plein Air events across the country and has been featured in Plein Air magazine.